How to Screw into Compact Laminate Tops (Don’t)
- Compact laminate is too thin – at 10-12mm thickness, the table tops are too fragile for a drill.
- The screws will spin out – When drilling, the screws won’t grip to the table top. You won’t get enough purchase to get a proper grip.
- Compact laminate is extremely dense and brittle – it is too difficult for even a professional to drill into successfully.
- Can’t be unassembled. Silicon based glues can be replaced – you just need to cut the glue with a sharp blade.
How to Glue into Compact Laminate Table Tops
- Bonds and seals just about anything to everything, including wet surfaces
- Commercial grade bond strength
- Permanent flexible seal
- Waterproof when fully cured